During my career as an Archivist, I've been responsible for curating several major and a number of smaller exhibitions relating to Alan Ayckbourn and the Stephen Joseph.
As a curator, I have the advantage of being able to access the major Archive collections on Alan Ayckbourn and the Stephen Joseph Theatre as well bringing my own expertise on the subjects.
Examples of ExhibitionsThis is a brief guide to some of the exhibitions I have curated or been a co-curator or consultant on.
○ 2018 - 2019: The Bob Watson Archive - a series of small exhibitions at the SJT highlighting the work of the Archive - includes The 30th Anniversary of The Woman In Black, Celebrating Stephen Joseph; A History of the Stephen Joseph Theatre, Christmas at the SJT, a retrospective of the photographer Alec Russell.
○ 2017: Stephen Joseph: A Retrospective - a major exhibition marking the life of British theatre pioneer Stephen Joseph on the 50th anniversary of his death.
○ 2015: SJT@60 - Two photographic exhibitions at the Stephen Jospeh Theatre celebrating its 60th anniversary.
○ 2015: The SJT At 60 - consultant to a major exhibition at Scarborough Art Gallery celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Stephen Joseph Theatre.
○ 2011 & 2016: Archiving Alan Ayckbourn - a small exhibitions offering a look at some of the more significant holdings of the Ayckbourn Archive.
○ 2009: Ayckbourn At 70 - a photographic exhibition for Northampton's Royal & derogate Theatre to accompany its Ayckbourn At 70 season.
○ 2005: 50 Years Of The SJT - an exhibition celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Stephen Joseph Theatre.